Sunday, October 19, 2008

I feel that I have a pretty good understanding of how networks choose to televise NFL games. Home market games are always on in that market, interconference games are on the network of the away team etc. But I will never understand why some time slots are blocked out. The 506 makes broadcast maps every week for NFL coverage, and as soon as I see it I check it over to see what games will be broadcast here in NYC. This is a week that CBS has two slots and Fox one. Yet here in the Big Apple we have nothing on CBS at 1, and the Jets at 4. Are you telling me San Diego-Buffalo wouldn't play in this market? Would Jet fans not sacrafice the first few minutes of their game to see a potential great finish involving a team one game ahead of them in the standings? At least my Broncos are on Monday night, so I know what I'll get with that.

No comments: